I am one of those Highly Sensitive People. I FEEL EVERY EMOTION ALL THE TIME.
Over the last two weeks, I have experienced every negative emotion imaginable. I was punched in the face uncovering lie after lie after lie, almost daily, from someone I loved deeply.
But guess what? I decided, finally, that I am done. Done letting the love of the past cloud my head. Done being scared of starting over this late in life. It is time. I have WAY too many responsibilities and people counting on me, to let some dickhead get me down, right? RIGHT!
Prior to my little world ending, I was on such an amazing path of discovery, love and gratitude. My priorities have shifted into survival mode, but that means that I need to do it with the right attitude.
My Brand New Gratitude List:
- I am thankful that I do not need to spend any more energy on someone who turned out to be a monster. My love and attention can shift wholly to myself, my kid and my family.
- I am thankful that this chapter of my life in ending. I have passed up opportunities for happiness because of a false belief in someone else. I do not need to do that anymore.
- I am thankful for my friends who know me better than I know myself.
- I am thankful that my spark will come back one day. I already feel as if I have been finally set free from a tiny cage. I am afraid to fly right now, but one day, very soon, I will. It will be glorious.
- I am thankful that I feel too much. That means that I still believe in love and happiness. That means I will be just fine. That means I am going to be better than I have ever been.
If your 2016 ended as shitty as mine, let’s just get over it and move on. After all, we are amazing women. We keep it all going and still have time to throw together a damned scrapbook every once in a while.
Let’s take 2017 to meet new people, start new business ventures, have more adventures and create REAL memories. Memories that are filled with truth and love. I can’t wait to rediscover ME again.
So. Let’s do this.